How To Wash Hands Properly and correctly according to Health recommendations? As many as 98% of the spread of disease-causing germs in the body comes from the hands. The more often the hands are active, the more likely they are to touch various surfaces of objects that are also often held by other people.
This causes a greater risk of hands being contaminated by germs that cause disease. For this reason, it is necessary to wash hands using soap and running water regularly in order to clean hands and prevent transmission of COVID-19 and other diseases, with a minimum time of 20 seconds. During the COVID-19 pandemic, hand washing facilities must be available in every home and public place.
What are the benefits of washing hands with soap and running water:
1. Prevent various diseases
Washing hands with soap and running water has been proven to be effective in eliminating bacteria that have the potential to cause disease. Diseases that can be prevented by washing hands include COVID-19, diarrhea, flu, hepatitis, typhoid, ARI and worms.
When washing hands with soap and running water is not possible, then as much as possible avoid touching the face, such as the eyes, mouth, and nose.
2. Kills Germs
Most human activities always use hands, and this causes hands to be often contaminated with germs from various sources. If the germs on the hands enter the body, the body will be at risk of developing a disease, including COVID-19.
Often the hands look clean with the naked eye, but if examined microscopically, it is likely that many germs will be found on the hands. To kill and remove germs from hands, you can't just wash your hands with water, you need soap as well as disinfection of these germs and you need to scrub your hands so they can get clean up to the folds of your hands.
3. More effective than hand sanitizer
The use of hand sanitizer can be used as a hand sanitizer instead of using soap and running water to wash hands. However, the use of soap and running water is more effective in removing or cleaning germs and dirt on the hands compared to the use of hand sanitizers.
Using soap will remove germs and viruses from your hands, and rinsing them with running water will help completely remove viruses and germs from your hands. In addition, dirt and oil in the hands will also disappear along with the soap and running water.
|Washing Hands to Clean Dirt and Germs on Hands|
Why should you wash your hands with soap and running water as often as possible? This question often arises in society, because they feel that an hour or two ago they had washed their hands, but why should they wash their hands again after a while.
It is theoretically recommended that washing hands five or more times will be beneficial in disease prevention. However, how often we have to wash our hands depends on how often our hands are active and the type of activity we are doing. If there is no allergy then you should wash your hands every time after and before activities, especially when you are at home.
If conditions do not allow for access to soap and clean water at all times, you can use a hand sanitizer to clean germs that stick to your hands.
When should you wash your hands with soap?
- Before and after touching the eyes, mouth and nose
- After touching the surface of objects that are often held by others, such as doorknobs, turnstiles, telephones, elevator buttons, tv remotes, tables, chairs, etc.
- After and before treating sick people with COVID-19 or other sick people
- Before and after eating, after using the toilet, after touching animals, taking out the trash, and after coughing or sneezing.
- Before breastfeeding the baby or expressing breast milk
- And other activities that allow hands to be contaminated by the Corona virus.
How To Wash Hands Properly and Correctly?
|Proper Hand Washing Using Soap and Running Water|
Good hand washing is washing hands using soap and running water to clean the fingers, palms and backs of hands from all dirt, germs and bacteria that cause disease, which is done for at least 20 seconds.
Steps How To Wash Hands Properly and correctly:
- Wet both palms as high as mid-arms using running water, take soap then wipe and rub
- both palms gently.
- Wipe and rub the backs of both hands alternately
- Don't forget your fingers, rub between your fingers until they are clean
- Clean the fingertips alternately by squeezing
- Rub and rotate both thumbs alternately
- Put the fingertips into the palm of the hand then rub gently
- Clean both wrists alternately by turning,
- Then end by rinsing all parts of the hand with clean running water and then dry using a towel or tissue.
|Close the Water Faucet Using a Tissue and Dispose of the Tissue in the Trash|
Remember to use a tissue to close the water faucet because the outside of the water faucet that is rarely cleaned can be a source of germ contamination, so the faucet must also be cleaned regularly.
Those are important tips on How To Wash Hands Properly and correct using soap and running water in accordance with Health recommendations. There are various benefits of one of these clean and healthy lifestyles. May be useful.