This Fish Curry Recipe from Padang Original Cuisine, fish used according to taste and availability of ingredients. The materials used are usually carp, snapper, fish head or pomfret. Because whatever fish is used the seasoning and the way it works are the same. The following is a typical Padang fish curry recipe.
Fish Curry Recipe
- 1/2 kg fish (carp, snapper, fish head, pomfret or whatever to taste)
- 400 ml thin coconut milk
- 200 ml thick coconut milk
- 10 pieces of curly chili
- 10 red onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 segment of turmeric
- 1 segment laos (galingale)
- 3 pieces of kaffir lime leaves
- 1 sheet of turmeric leaf
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 3 starfruit
- enough oil
- Salt to taste
- Adequate flavoring
How to make a typical Padang fish curry
- Clean the fish, cut into pieces according to taste, set aside
- Puree onions, chilies, ginger and turmeric. Saute until fragrant then add the crushed laos (galingale), lime leaves, turmeric leaves, crushed lemongrass and chopped starfruit. Stir well.
- Add fish, mix well. Then add the liquid coconut milk. cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Enter the thick coconut milk little by little while stirring, stir well and cook until the fish is cooked.