How to update tpm 1.2 to 2.0 lenovo? Windows 11 begins to be released at the end of 2021. One of the requirements for a laptop or pc to be able to install Windows 11 is enabled TPM 2.0.
Well, based on the information above, we will share a tutorial on how to upgrade tpm 1.2 to 2.0 as a request so that a laptop or compute desktop can be installed on Windows 11 from Microsoft.
How to check the TPM version on a laptop
Before going to the core tutorial, below is a way to find out the TPM version of the computer or laptop you are using, while the step by step steps to find out the TPM version are as follows:
- Open the RUN application, by pressing the Start button + R on the keyboard simultaneously
- The RUN window appears, type in the column: tpm.msc as shown in the image below
- Press Enter on the keyboard or click the OK button
- After the third step is complete, a new window will automatically appear containing information about the TPM and its version.
In the demonstration example above we use the Windows operating system on a Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 Laptop. Step by step how to identify the TPM above you can use on all Windows operating systems.
What are the steps to upgrade TPM 1.2 to TPM 2.0 lenovo?
How to update tpm 1.2 to 2.0 lenovo.
After knowing the TPM version that is on your laptop or computer device, if the version is still 1.2, then you should update the TPM by updating the Firmware.
In the tutorial below, we try to demonstrate it using a Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 Laptop. However, the above sequence of steps can be implemented with other types of laptops. Because in principle it uses the same method, namely Firmware upgrade.
Immediately, the following is how to update tpm 1.2 to 2.0 lenovo through a firmware upgrade on a laptop or computer device.
- Go to the BIOS Driver from Lenovo Support Web for Laptop according to the series.
- Download the latest version of Firmware or BIOS Driver for your Lenovo. Download BIOS Update File For Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 (ideapad 3-14IGL05 Laptop) or direct link for DVCN21WW Lenovo Ideapad Bios update release 3 September 2021
BIOS update steps
To run the BIOS update on your laptop, make sure the laptop battery is charged at least 30% and the adapter charger is connected to electricity., for the next step, follow the tutorial below
- Run the latest BIOS or Firmware Update file from the downloaded file
- The Welcome to the Lenovo BIOS Update Utility Setup Wizard window will appear
- Click Next to install the file until it's finished
- The Lenovo Flash Firmware Tool window will appear automatically. This Lenovo bios flasher utility will perform initialization to check the old bios version and the bios version that will be installed.
- Run the flash until it's done
- The computer will reboot to flash Firmware or update the BIOS until it's finished
- Once done. The computer will ASK for a REBOOT.
- Firmware or BIOS update is complete.