Why do we need to do Hard Drive Repair and Check regularly? Please note that one of the causes of a computer or laptop often hangs, performance is not fast, the computer restarts itself and the occurrence of a blue screen is due to a problem or damage to the Hard Drive used.
Damage or error on the hard drive / hard drive on either a desktop PC or laptop is caused by:
- Computers or laptops are often turned off using the wrong procedure, for example shutting down without a shutdown command
- The computer turns off due to a disturbance in the flow of electricity such as a sudden power failure
- The occurrence of spikes in electrical voltage such as when there is lightning when it rains.
- The age factor (lifetime) of the hard drive of the computer or laptop itself is also something that can affect the performance of the hard drive so that it has an impact on the performance of the laptop or computer.
Why do we need to hard drive repair and check regularly?
How to check and fix hard disk errors can be done independently, very easily and quickly by using the default Windows feature, namely the Checkdisk / CHKDSK.EXE command.
Checkdisk is a default utility tool from the Windows operating system that we can use to check and repair the condition of the computer's internal hard drive or other computer storage media.
You should run the Checkdisk command regularly while using the computer is one way to maintain and improve the performance of your computer or laptop.
Check disk and repair with the CHKDSK command which is very easy and fast is basically enough to repair damage to the hard disk such as bad sectors, lost clusters, cross-linked files, and directory errors.
How to check and repair hard drivers regularly.
On this occasion we will share a tutorial on how to check and fix hard disk errors with CHKDSK.
Running the Check disk Command (CHKDSK) on Windows we can run in two (2) ways, namely through the Command Prompt and through My Computer or Windows Explorer.
The First Way to Run the CHKDSK Command from the Command Prompt
To solve hard disk errors, bad sectors, bad sectors, lost clusters, cross-linked files, and directory errors is to run the CHKDSK command at the Command Prompt, the steps are as follows:
- Open the RUN application by pressing the Start button + R on the keyboard, typing "CMD" in the RUN column
- Command Prompt window appears
- At the Command Prompt screen type the command: CHKDSK H:
This command will run CHKDSK on hard Drive partition H in read-only mode.
- Type the command: CHKDSK H: /F
The above command is used to repair errors without scanning bad sectors.
- Type the command: CHKDSK H: /R
The above command is used to repair errors, find bad sectors and recover data.
The above command is used for scanning bad sectors, repairing hard drive errors and recovering data on the H . hard drive
- If you want to display what options we can do, just type the help command by typing the command: CHKDSK /?
The second way is through Windows Explorer
How to check hard drive errors and repair bad sectors, bad clusters is to run the CHKDSK command through Window Explorer. Here is step by step in detail:
- Open Windows Explorer or My Computer by pressing the Start key + E
- Open Windows Explorer, on the left side of the window, select your hard drive partition, Right click on the hard drive you want to check, select it and click Properties.
|check error disk on windows server|
- The Check disk options window will appear.
- To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
- To repair file system errors, check Automatically fix file system errors,
- To repair errors, find bad sectors and recover data select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors,
- You can also tick both options if needed.
- If a message appears: Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID. Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? (Y/N) type Y and Enter.
- If the message appears: Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) Type Y, and ENTER then restart the computer to run Scandisk.
That's the tutorial about Hard Drive Repair and Check Quickly and Easily without having to go to a reliable technician. Do check your hard drive regularly to avoid damage or errors on your hard disk. A healthy hard disk will support the performance of a computer or laptop.