What are the various benefits of technology science in the food sector? In this sophisticated era, technological developments are growing very rapidly. We must possess and understand mastery of communication and information technology, if we do not want to be crushed and eroded by an era rich in competition.
The more sophisticated the technology, the greater the need to understand technology, moreover this information and communication technology can provide immense convenience in all sectors, such as in the sectors of education, banking, medicine, industry, agriculture and so on.
Information technology very much brings convenience and benefits to each of these sector. One example of information communication technology is the internet. With the internet, we can explore the world without limits. Through the internet we can also or we can see all the information that is spread around the world easily. This results in our work more effectively and efficiently.
Another example is in the sectors of agriculture, agriculture is one of the sectors with a fairly rapid technological development. Although there are currently many developments in the agricultural sector, there are still many people who do not understand the application of technology, especially in rural communities. However, if we are able to apply it, Science Technology will be a source of benefits for us.
Various kinds of contributions are made by technology science for advancement in agriculture, especially in today's food technology. One of the benefits is as a means of facilitating the production process and the food processing process. With computers, the production process will be more effective and efficient. Very different from the era when technology was still minimal, everything was done by humans manually. This will make work less effective and a waste of energy and time.
Food technology is a part of the industrial agricultural process. The processes of industrial agriculture, among others, plant cultivation, harvesting, post-harvest, transportation, food processing, packaging, storage and so on. Step by step producing a quality food product requires information, both in terms of raw materials, processing methods and packaging methods.
Every system that is applied to obtain information must produce an accurate and complete form of output with due regard to time efficiency and easily accessible. The applied technology science can be in the form of processing, exchange and management of data into information.
The benefits of technology science in the food sector include:
- Can be used as a means of supporting creativity for producers who want to make the latest food product designs.
- With the development of technology, computers can support various kinds of software needed in food processing.
- Computers can be used to monitor the state of the chemical substances of the product to be processed, so that producers can easily monitor what they will produce.
- From a packaging perspective, special machines are used to make packaging and automate this process to maximize efficiency and reduce production costs.
- Advertising and publication of processed products. If we use an extensive IT network, it will be easier to market it.