How to Show File Extensions for Known File Types?
Step by Step knows and displays and show File Extensions.
- Open Windows Explorer. How to open Windows Explorer can be in various ways, including the fastest is the Windows Keyboard shortcut, namely by pressing the Start button + E simultaneously
- After the Windows Explorer window opens, click on the View menu (this is what Windows Explorer will look like on Windows Server 2012 R2). Maybe, the display will be very different on other versions of the Windows operating system.
- Then click Options> Change folder and search options
- The Folder Options setting window appears
- Select and click the View tab, then uncheck Show File Extensions for Known File Types
- Click OK
- Done. You can see in the image below, it appears that all files appear with each extension that is at the very back after the file name.
Show file extensions for each file, in terms of appearance, the file name is somewhat longer. However, for some of the needs that I have stated above, this becomes very important and useful.
Video tutorial : Show File Extensions for Known File Types
Thus, my friends, a little trick in Windows explorer about knowing and show the Extensions file that I can demonstrate here. May be useful.