- Types of Tethering on Smartphones
- Benefits of USB Tethering
- Pre Requirements
- Step By step how to USB Tethering
Types of Tethering on Smartphones
- Bluethoot tethering. Is there internet network tethering on android, smartphone or cellphone using Bluetooth media
- USB Tetehering. Tethering using a USB Data cable
- Wifi Tethering. Tethering internet connection on Android smartphone without using cables
However, on this occasion, misnia.com will try to explain how to make your Android a gateway to the internet access point for a laptop or computer device, namely via USB Tethering.
Benefits of USB Tethering
As in the explanation at the beginning, that Tethering aims to bridge other media such as computers or other Android devices to be able to connect to the internet. So, when we use USB media connected to an android and a computer or laptop, the computer or laptop can connect to the internet using the internet network on the android device.
What devices are required for USB Tethering
- Android device with internet network connection
- USB Cable. This device is what we will later use as a link between a computer or laptop with an Android device
- Laptop / Computer
Step by step how to step Settings up USB Tethering?
- Make sure that your Android device is connected to the internet. See the image below
- Plug the USB Cable into the Android device and connect it with a Computer or laptop
- Tethering Settings on android devices. Go to Settings> More> Usb Tethering
See the image below for more details
When finished, your computer or laptop will be connected to the internet network using USB Tethering.
In the above demonstration, we are using the Redmi 5A Android Smartphone. However, you can basically implement the USB Tethering Settings above on other smartphone types and models.
For videos on how to set USB Tethering on an android smartphone device to share an internet connection with a laptop or computer using a USB cable, see our YouTube channel on the YouTube page at this link.