A health expert in the United States claimed that not exercise is as dangerous as smoking. So, if for health reasons you have to quit smoking, for the same reason any physical activity you have done?
Many people who live and work in a big city feel that the exercise program is a mammoth burden that very difficult to be implemented. Starting from the time, expense, until the big city neighborhood that is not sport-friendly. While the American College of Sports Medicine since 1998 have established that physical activity per week is recommended for healthy adults in order to maintain health and fitness includes 3-5 days of aerobic exercise, 2-3 strength training sessions, and 2 - 3 sessions flexibility exercises.
For busy people like you, how to implement these recommendations?
For people who do not have enought time, the following is an example of "mini training" for body fitness. The principle of this exercise is to increase the intensity in order to reduce time / duration required to complete the exercise.
Aerobic Exercise for Endurance Heart-Lung
Brisk walking, running, cycling (stationary or a regular bike), and swimming are examples of exercises involving almost all the major muscles, so as to stimulate the heart. If your time is limited, so try to do it with a high enough intensity whenever you have time. Exercise intensity can be increased by increasing the speed of running / cycling / swimming, although this way have a risk to the possibility of injury to the muscles and joints. To prevent injury, need to do warming-up are highly optimized.
The other option is to "sort out" the exercise into two parts, the partly implemented in the morning and the partly implemented in the afternoon / evening.
Flexibility is obtained by performing a variety of stretching exercises, which can be done anywhere and in any position. Stretching can be done standing or sitting, and objects can be used as training tools, such as walls, chairs, cabinets, etc.
However if you have not been able to do a full workout, following a variety of creative ways to spur you carry out the exercise:
- Walk as much as you can. Many ways you can do, for example by parking the vehicle a bit far from the goal, and avoid drive-through shop. If you move the goods, do not do as well so you have to walk back and forth. When shopping or searching for items, walk quickly so you may not see items that you are looking for, resulting in you have to walk back and forth. Eliminating remote control is also a good idea.
- Use the stairs as much as possible and avoid the elevator. As a variation, skip two steps at a time, or speed up your pace.
- Playing with kids (not the same with regard children playing).
- Start doing hobbies that require body movements, such as gardening or carpentry. Or doing various household activities such as sweeping, mopping (would be more effective if you do so without handles), cleaning windows, etc. In addition to increase the period of exercise, of course, you'll quickly be crowned as an exemplary people.
- Participate dance lessons. Salsa is becoming the trend of today's lifestyles, so you will get a double advantage with advanced dance.
Muscle Strength Exercise
One technique to implement strength training is to use a very light load and repeated sprint (repetition maximum) for 30 seconds. After resting for ± 30 seconds, the exercise is continued in the same way for the other muscle.
Overall optimal muscle strength training involving 8-10 types of exercises for the muscles of the body. Things to consider in this exercise is if you are not trained, then a rest period between sets of exercise should be extended. However, to train your muscle strength gradually have to remember that the rest period should be reduced, and at the right time load forces should be increased.
Once you start living an active, try to increase your physical activity, so that the level of physical and body fitness is maintained.