How to maintain good and correct hand hygiene? Here are the tips how to maintain good and correct hand hygiene.
Tip ways to maintain good and correct hand hygiene:
- Keep your hand fingernails stays short.
- Cover the wound in hand with a water-resistant material.
- Always wash your hands in the following situations:
- Before and after touching the patient.
- Before handling tools / instruments invasive, both when wearing gloves or not.
- After contact with body fluids or excretions, mucous membranes, skin that is not intact, or gauze dressings.
- When moving from a contaminated body parts to other body parts of the same patient.
- After contact with the surface of the object that is in contact with the patient (including medical equipment).
- After removing gloves (sterile and non-sterile).
- If your hands are not visibly dirty, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (alcohol-based handrub). If your hands are not visibly dirty but alcohol-based hand sanitizers are not available, wash your hands with soap and clean water flows.
- If your hands are visibly dirty, or when exposed to blood / body fluids, or after using the toilet, wash hands with soap and clean water flows. Washing hands is also recommended when there is suspicion of exposure to spore pathogens, for example, in an outbreak of Clostridium difficile.
- Before handling medication or preparing food, wash your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash your hands with soap and clean water flows.
- When health facilities are not available the tap with clean water to flow, place a bucket of water in a fairly high and give a tap on the bottom of the bucket so the water can flow out to wash hands
With maintain your hand using above tips then hand hygiene will be maintained. So as to prevent and avoid the source of the disease from the hands are not clean.